Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Skincare Tip II Essential Oil

Aromatherapy

The saying goes oil and water don't mix. It's true, they don't. The weather is considerably cooler and drier and the moisture from the skin seems to evaporate with the brisk winds. It's such a luxury to immerse in a nice hot bath filled with bath oil. The problem is, the oil mostly floats on top and it really beats the goal of moisturizing the whole body.

I ask a beautician about this and she says the trick is to put some soap on the palm of your hands, work it into a lather, then pour the oil on top and rub again. After the soapy oil is mixed, you can "wash" it off in your tub of water and the oil will be evenly distributed in the water. The thing to remember is not to put too much soap on your palm, it's only purpose is to mix the oil and water.

I also use a blend of essential oil for my face. I feel so pampered when the oil glides on my face and I can do a mini facial when the skin is absorbing the oil. However, when I wash my hands afterwards, I always feel there is a residue of oil. Then I remembered the tip above of water and oil don't mix. So one day after using the oil, I pump a dollop of liquid soap on my palm and rub them before I touch water. It works. The oil melts away. My face is moisturized and my hands are squeaky clean.

This is yet another great tip if you use essential oil as a skincare routine.
(photo: www.splendicity.com)

2 comments:

pascale said...

I rarely use oil (the closest I got to using oil in the bathroom is using baby oil) but next time I do I will try that :) Thanks for the tips!!

bonnie said...

Yeah, it really works!

Related Posts with Thumbnails