Monday, November 9, 2009

Skincare Tip I Sunscreen


Guerlain Sunscreen

For the longest time, I have been "plagued" by a skincare "problem" which is accentuated in photographs. It does not matter if I tilt up or lower my head when photographing, I just can't hide the rings on my neck!! Winters are much welcomed because I can wear turtle necks and hide my neck rings.
People say there are two places that show your age, your hands and your neck. Well, I have a turkey neck since my 20's so I guess I am born with it. I have used many different brands of neck creams that promise to reverse or halt the process of developing neck rings. Aside from being more moisturising than face creams, they simply don't work.

One day, I point this out to a makeup artist and she says neck creams are a waste of dollars and since the rings are already there, it's impossible to make them go away without plastic surgery. Okay, I won't go under the knife for this, but she says there is a way to lighten them and keep new neck rings from forming.

She says since there is no fat deposit on the neck, the skin is prone to sagging and forming rings. She asks me if I use sunscreen on my neck. I just use it on my face. She then suggests that I dab sunscreen on my neck. Since we don't usually apply makeup on the neck we can reapply the sunscreen during the day.

I really have my doubts upon first hearing it. However, after a summer's of diligence, it has paid off!! The rings on my neck are still there, but much lighter. The best thing is the tone of my face sans makeup and my neck are the same. Usually the neck is darker for most people.

I am so happy it has worked and sunscreen comes so much cheaper than the pricey neck creams. It's a routine now. When I apply sunscreen on my face, I dab on a thicker layer on my neck. What a wonderful skincare tip!!
(photo www.guerlain.com)

2 comments:

pascale said...

Okay, I learned a new word. 'Neck Ring'. And I learned something even better 'using sunscreen on the neck too'. I once saw this drag-queen on tv saying she(he?) wraps towel around her neck tightly and slept for months and her neck ring vanished.... I wonder if it's true. She also added that she had had lots of nightmares of being choked :p

bonnie said...

I burst out laughing reading the drag queen feeling choked!! What would people do to get rid of wrinkles and stuff!!

I used the phrase neck ring coz I think neck wrinkles would sound worse.

Related Posts with Thumbnails