Thursday, July 22, 2010

Scented Candle


Aveda Shampure Candle

I am blessed with windows spanning an entire wall with rows of magnificent trees in view. I love the optical illusion of working amongst the greens in the comfort of my home. For want of a porch or veranda I think it is pretty cool.

It has been raining the last two days, an overdue respite from a stretch of stifling hot weather. The unending drizzle and occasional downpour have mesmerized Dayee and Camille, watching and listening to the rain for hours on end.

As opposed to the full glare on sunny days, the light on rainy days are muted, softer, paler. The dimmed sky ushering evenings in earlier. I love evenings, a time when everything settles after an eventful day. Evening is my cue to pick a candle from the book shelf, trim the wick and watch it flicker.

In my search for a scented candle that is not too heady nor masked with no scent at all I have bought quite too many. I have finally embarked on my perfect candle, a soy wax candle by Aveda known as Shampure. Made with plant essences such as organic lavendar, ylang ylang and petitgrain, the scent is as the name suggests, pure, soothing and calming. It simply smells clean.

The scent has slowly wafted the whole room, breathing a sense of well being. Watching from my writing desk, the trees, the rain, the warm glow of the candle and Dayee nodding asleep against the window pane is a picture of peace and stillness.

2 comments:

pascale said...

oh my gosh, it sounds so good.
relaxing and soothing is the best thing in life!

bonnie said...

You are so right, relaxed and soothing are the best things in life!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails