Saturday, July 3, 2010

Preference


Desk from Design Sponge

It's been a year since Merlyn has left for the Philippines. I try to keep up with her routine in the early months especially with the kids, but I find myself resenting their every demand and I am always ill-tempered.

A few months back, I come across a detailed article on biological clocks. It's not new literature that early birds and night owls do exist. Most people tend to swing towards one side of the pendulum, but in extreme cases some people are built as birds or owls.

After a year's worth of experimenting, there is no doubt I am a night owl. I am completely out of sync with Merlyn's routine and the anger is a glaring sign I am in the wrong time zone. My schedule and that of the kids now are polar opposite to a year earlier. I go to sleep when I hear the birds chirping in the grey lights of early morning and wake up in the early afternoon.

I use to equate waking up late as being lazy but not anymore. I do the same amount of work, just in my own time zone. I go grocery shopping with Porky at 4am, no crowd, no traffic. I love walking Porky in the still of the night and bask in the the peace, the space. Being an early bird or a night owl is not necessarily one better than the other.

Whatever works. Life is stressful enough.

2 comments:

pascale said...

I wish I could do that! :D

bonnie said...

Haha, actually I can't imagine you being a night owl!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails