Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Calendar



I can't believe it's August already. Looking back on the last eight months, what have I accomplished? Sadly, not much. Work wise I have managed to get some articles published on a tourism website and a thesis on Shakespeare accepted to an academic website. I have also read a dozen books but do they count? It's pathetic.

Embarrassing to admit I have simply wasted too much time on distracting pastimes. Now that almost three quarters of 2010 has passed, it's time to change gears, say "no" to time killers and really get something done. I must regain my footing, find my balance and set sail again. To remind myself of the preciousness of each day, I have changed my desktop wallpaper to a calendar.

I am an avid follower of Design Sponge. D's has announced late last year there will be a new desktop calendar for each month in 2010. The current August calendar is by far my favorite. I love the colors, the pinks, purples, greys and blues blending seamlessly together. I also love the handwritten calendar, visible yet not loud enough to disturb the whole design. The grand sweep of white feathers is successful in brightening the composition with flamboyance and airiness.

Speaking of flamboyance and immediacy I am reminded of a quote by William James to which I have to adhere from this day on.

To change your life:
Start immediately;
Do it flamboyantly; no exceptions.

2 comments:

pascale said...

Well ... one can only whip oneself for such things when we are grown up.... no matter how others nag on you, it' still your decision in the end.
I am sure you will do fine and I pretty sure it's not as pathetic as you mention. You are not like that!
Best of luck!

bonnie said...

Thanks, I am trying :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails