Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Why Indeed?



To tell the truth I don't feel like justifying myself as I grow older. I think it has a lot to do with coming to terms with my own quirks. I am very stubborn with certain things but I don't really care one way or another with other stuff. I have very strict priorities and strong beliefs. First on the list, I believe people should respect other people's sensibilities. We all have our reasons for being a certain way.

This post will not exist if not for a new aquaintance who not only likes to cut into you when you are talking but also bombard you with "why, why and more why". As if this is not irritating enough the worst is yet to come. The psycho babble that the reason I am single is because I have some inherent psychological hurdle I haven't overcome. Huh?

This is not an age thing but a life stage thing. People evolve over time. Some things may consume all your energy at one point but when you look at them at a later date, they may be totally irrelevant.

Oh yes, I take Porky everywhere, provided dogs are allowed. I cannot imagine going out with someone who does not love my kids. I want to be respected as an intelligent and independent woman. I want to be able to communicate with my significant other on the same level. I want us both to have big enough hearts and small enough egos.

I want to give back to mother nature for nurturing me all these years. I count my blessings for having so much love and abundance around me. Do I have high standards? Am I setting myself up for failure? My answer is a shrug. I don't care one way or another if this person shows up at this point in my life. I am completely at peace with myself.

Why am I this way? Why indeed?

(I love stairs, can't resist this photo from Design Sponge)

2 comments:

pascale said...

Well, you are you.
That's what I thought after finish reading your post. If you are confident with your own belief and if that belief doesn't hurt anyone, I think you have a 'go' sign to keep it that way.. no?

bonnie said...

My sentiments exactly!! Thanks :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails