Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Projection

Some people have so much unresolved bitterness and resentment built up in their system, the only release is to project them onto someone else. This is one of the defence mechanisms you could find in any psychology 101 textbook.

When people ask me how I am these days, I would say that I am tired and exhausted. The reason none other than Merlyn has gone home to start a family. Well, well, it's a crime to be tired when you are in a transitional period, where you go from having help to take care of the house to doing it all by yourself.

The crime doesn't stop here, the descent to Dante's Inferno has just begun and the following accusations could prove that I belong in hell.

Remember I have committed an immortal sin when I have worked my ass off to get out of the rat race and finally be able to pursue my dreams. Bear in mind I am condemned to hell because the majority of the population are working to get by and I could lead a laid back lifestyle.

I am unforgivable because I am in control, balanced, at peace and basically I have a life. It's so unfair because I have the touch of Midas. Get real.

I am so happy that the kids are used to our new routine by now. They have always been good and disciplined. I do have to clean up after them, but they know what they should or shouldn't do. To unwary people, this is pure luck. Luck? The kids have been taught since babies to respect each other's space, food and toys. It took years to achieve this harmony.

I believe that if you respect others, people go out of their way to help you. As for my part time helps, Merlyn has lined up all her friends and relatives for me before she left. They all know that Merlyn is family to me and if one of them cannot make it, another one would show up. As for their fees, I only have to pay them 50% of the ongoing rate. On Sundays, I don't have to pay a cent. It's their agreement with Merlyn.

Am I blessed, lucky or have all the goodies fall into my lap? Do I have a Midas touch? I don't know. I only know that I have worked hard to achieve all this. As for being blessed. Well, eat your heart out, you betcha I am.

3 comments:

Dom said...

I believe in karma, what you send out you get back. It's about time you reap the fruits of what you've sowed. Enjoy it! Ignore the sour grapes (or sour dried prunes as I would call them).

bonnie said...

Haha, thanks for reading. You could finally leave a comment!! I could visualize the sour dried prunes' srucnhed up faces when they come across this post. :)

pascale said...

Your friend is right there, good things only come because you have prepared for them.
I think it's the result of these goods you have in you PLUS many good lucks to have met Merlyn and your kids. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails