Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Naps



I am not a napping person. The rare times I do will see me waking up with a headache and numbed the rest of the day. Plus, sleeping during the day feels lazy and overindulgent. However, I find myself taking more naps these days. It never occur to me that writing is so draining. After hours at the computer I feel my brain has emptied out and I will be in a trance of sorts.

Doing mindless activities like watching TV, surfing the Internet or flipping glossy magazines do not help. Well then, I figure doing something productive can definitely take me out of this lull. Clinging my paperback I flip to the bookmark page and read. I will be totally engrossed in the first few pages, but soon enough I begin to lose focus, my eyelids get heavier by the minute and before I know it I am in la la land.

Amazingly my naps these days do not have the after effect of headaches. I wake up feeling refreshed and more alert. The naps are never more than thirty minutes since I'll be jolted awake by the kids, either the cats jumping on me, Dayee screaming or Porky wanting to get down from the bed.

Gone is the guilt. I now look forward to my naps as a recharging routine.

2 comments:

pascale said...

what a lovely way to recharge :)

bonnie said...

I know, the joy of napping...

Related Posts with Thumbnails