Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Baby Carnations


Baby Carnations

I have had Kobe's ashes with me since he pass away on November 7, 2007. A few months ago, I decide to sprinkle his ashes on the Peak, the place he loves most, running in the grass and slurping on vanilla milkshake afterwards. By the time he finishes his two spoonfuls, he is a mini Yorkie after all, he would sport a vanilla moustache and beard. He is the cutest baby.

I would regularly get baby carnations and place the tiny vase beside Kobe's photo. Merlyn talks to him every day while dusting and cleaning. Every now and then I would see tears welling up in her eyes when she comes out of my room. Each month on the 7th we would light a white tea light candle to remember him, though he is in our hearts every day.

We always buy from the alley flower stall and the grandpa who mans the stall would unfailingly remind us not to put too much water in the vase because the stems will rot. He says a few drops of kitchen bleach mixed in the water will make the flowers last longer.

A couple days ago, I pass by his stall with Porky on our way to the supermarket. We stop to say hello and while chatting he asks if I have fallen out of love with carnations. While spilling out Kobe's story grandpa keeps nodding and sighing. After I finish he says in the language of flowers carnations represent remembrance. He then gives me a stem of carnation and says should I go to the Peak to visit Kobe, be sure to let him know so he could save the yellow ones for me.

It is a bittersweet moment and I can feel my eyes brimming with tears. Kobe my baby, I hope you are healthy and happy in doggie heaven looking over us. I love you and miss you. Mommy.

4 comments:

josephine said...

直到今天我仍掛念MO MO的每一個動作及神情,仍難以自制地流淚,仍未能開懷地與人講及他的過去,我明白,因為「他」是我們心裏的寶貝。我知道「他」的願望,「他」一生最想看見的,是我的快樂,因此,我仍會努力去快樂,完成其心願。

bonnie said...

I am sure Mo Mo is looking over you and protecting you.

pascale said...

awe... that's a sweet piece.
Sad on some lines but sweet overall.
I am sure Kobe is up there giving you a full grin :)

Your carnations look very pretty too!

bonnie said...

Pascale~
Thanks for your comment. You read into my intended meaning!

It's sad Kobe is not with me, but it's more an endearing post than a sad, sad post. Remembering his quirky ways make me smile and my heart glows warm with the memory.

Kobe has graced us with his presence and I thank him for that :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails