Friday, December 23, 2011

There's You
















Someone Up There has the wryest humor. Never have I loathed myself more than the past few weeks. Desperate, destitute, desolate. Drowning. What a batch of defeat. 


Now, toss in a generous dose of despised, decried and defamed, then crown it off with a good sprinkle of disgust. Put the batch in a pressure cooker. And voila, a complete recipe for Disaster. 


Life rarely gives us what we want when we want it. Back pedal a few years, a career, name and money somehow can't compete with "a" significant other. What I'd give to have and hold the elusive. My life would be complete. So I thought, then. 


Now, when I have no job, no money and will very likely be forever etched in ignominy, there's you. I don't know if I should laugh or cry, but thank you for being here. Thank you for making me feel I mattered and thank you for giving me a reason to smile. 


There's you. 
No longer elusive but actually here. 
Hey, you.

1 comment:

pascale said...

I don't know what to say, but i can' t ignore.
Sorry if you can't stand it.

Here is a silent hello and a pat, I wish i could do more.

Related Posts with Thumbnails