Friday, November 18, 2011

Scent of X'mas


Pink Snapdragon

Guaging from the onslaught of X'mas catalogues stuffed half hazardly in the mailbox, the festive season has officially begun. 

I love the goodness of X'mas. People are more generous at this time, not only with gifts but in spirit as well. Guess it has to do with the expanse of goodness and well wishes at this time of the year.

I love the smell of X'mas, it's so snugly. It is said the memory of scent lingers, thereby associating us with different times and places. X'mas fills my memory with candles and potpourri scented with tartly sweet berries, spicy nutmegs, cinnamon, clementines, frankincense and evergreens.

I love the warmth of X'mas. Sipping warm apple cider by the fireplace, nibbling cranberry pies fresh from the oven, snuggling under throws, wiggling toes in thick terry socks, wrapping gifts and stuffing stockings.

Cozy and homey and good.

Pour moi, c'est Noel.

2 comments:

pascale said...

I swear I left a message here... it's gone now :(
Anyways, I wanted to say that xmas is m favorite season too. Nothing beats that, not even my b-day.
Actually b-day is nothing :p

bonnie said...

comments seem to be disappearing these days, wonder why...

Yeah, somehow b-day is not that important now, X'mas tops it off!

Related Posts with Thumbnails