Monday, May 31, 2010

Reuse



I haven't put much thought into going green but I think this is a step forward. It's no secret I have a zoo and being individuals, they do their thing at different times. I simply cannot stand the refuse can containing excrement so I dump the bag when it is half full, sometimes even less. I know it is very wasteful but I just can't get past the psychological barrier that I want it out of the house.

Groceries used to come in free bags doubling as Ashley's hideout and free refuse bags. Then comes the plastic bag tax. I know it is a step to discourage people using plastic bags. However, it doesn't make sense to have to pay for a bag, so I bring along a large tote to bag groceries home now. With no freebies I have to resort to using more store bought garbage bags.

One morning, sitting in the kitchen sharing my soy bread with Porky, I see Camille going into the litter house to do her thing. We have just finished the last piece of bread and I have this plastic bag dangling in my hand, which I am prepared to throw away. I am poised to scoop whatever Camille has dropped off and the idea just pop that I can use the empty bread bag as a small refuse bag.

It is perfect for the job. I bag the whatever and after tying a knot I dump the small bag into the garbage can outside. I feel so frugal because I throw out full bags now, hence buying less gargage bags. Plus, it's good to know I am reusing unwanted stuff and contributing to going green.

2 comments:

pascale said...

Way to go! :D go green :)
I wonder if odorless baby poop bins would help with your poops since you got so many kids :)
But then you found your solution, no need any baby poop bins, hehe.

bonnie said...

Cat poop is no joke, it's ten durians plus leaking gas combined!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails