Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine New Year



Valentine's Day happen to fall on Chinese New Year this year. It's supposed to occur every thirty eight years. As opposed to the usual bouquet of cut flowers, I have received a big vase of orchids arranged with a mass twirl of silvery buds. It feels more celebratory than romantic so I guess New Year's has won out as the decoration theme this Valentine's.

I could not resist sweet peas when I chance upon them and they have fondly become everyday flowers around the house. Sweet peas come in many different shades and shapes and I always marvel at their variations during their frequent albeit brief sojourn on my desk.

The free flowing sweet peas are the Midas touch, adding sweetness and romance to the otherwise austere Valentine orchids.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails