Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Perfect Valentine's



Almost every girl has a preconceived notion of what constitutes a perfect Valentine's Day. Flowers, chocolates, candle light dinners and little presents are all parts of it. The anticipation on the girl's side cannot be understated, adding to the importance of D-day. With the arrival of Valentine's day proper, the moment of truth is revealed. Will it be sheer joy or utter disappointment?

First scenario, the guy shows up with flowers and the works. The girl feels her life is complete with no regrets whatsoever.

Second scenario, the guy shows up, but there is no present, no chocolate, no candle light dinner and no flowers. The devastation is complete and indescribable.

Third scenario, the guy does not show up at all. The heart is shattered, all hopes are dashed. Of all the things a guy can do to break a girl's heart, the cruelest thing is breaking up on the most important days in a girl's calendar, her birthday, Christmas eve, New Year's eve and Valentine's Day.

My scenario, I have a surprised delivery of chocolate mousse, chestnut cake and tiramisu. I am totally touched by the thoughts behind it. Knowing I have been out at a dinner with almost nothing edible for a vegetarian and thinking I might be hungry, the singular thought is getting me something to eat. I am told it has to be something sweet, as it is Valentine's Day.

I just have to smile. I've had the perfect Valentine's and this is indeed the perfect gift.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails