Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Some Pig!


Santa Porky

The weather has turned much cooler, which is wonderful relief to a person who dreads the heat and humidity, c'est moi. Since I have two cats, I can't open the windows as wide as I'd like for fear they will jump out, but I do open the ten windows at my place about two inches wide each to air the house.

Out of stupidity and forgetfulness one night, I forgot to close the window nearest to the head board of my bed. When I woke up to feed Dayee in the morning, I had a full blown headache. Oh, Dayee has a daylight savings setting. She wakes up at 7am instead of 6am now. After popping two painkillers, I waddled back to the bedroom.

I could feel a draft sitting on the bed arranging the covers and it checked out to be from "the" opened window. I was muttering to myself that I fully deserved the head cold. I wanted something warm but I didn't want to go through the kitchen drawers to find the hot water bottle and worse, wait for the water to boil. I gave my pig a sly look.

Mr. Porky does not like to sleep on the bed. The thing is he cannot climb up nor jump down. I didn't care, my head was throbbing. I grabbed my pig and put him beside me. His warmth spread through the blankets and I felt so blissful I fell into a four hour coma. When I woke up, the headache was gone and I felt warm all over, not only because of Porky's hot bod, but the fact he stayed with me the whole time without struggling to go down the bed.

When he saw me stir, he climbed up to my belly and looked at me with the big question, "Can I go down now?" After I put him down, I saw him rushing to his cage to do his thing. He was so relieved he had a big grin after and I knew he felt so proud. Of course such a good boy deserved a cookie and a big hug.

Some pig!!

2 comments:

pascale said...

This is the cutest post out of all the posts you have in your blog.
I loved how Bchan stayed with you the whole 4 hours and warmed you up :)
What a good boy!

bonnie said...

My pig is really some pig. People say he still has a baby face, despite being 7 years old and 49 ih human years.
Some even say he looks like a girl...
To me he is one warm fuzzy pig!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails