Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Matter of Trust

What upsets me is not that you lied to me, but that from now on I can no longer believe you. ~Friedrich Nietzche

My manicurist is a firm believer in astrology, especially, the compatibility of zodiac signs. She is in her early twenties but when she talks about her favorite topic, she sounds like a wizened woman who has seen the world. She keeps telling me that I should learn more about my zodiac sign, so that I'll "know" what I want.

A week ago, she sent me a link about my sign. Wow, a whole page of sub-links appeared. I clicked on the first link. It was a history of my sign, which dated back to Greek mythology. The second link was a detailed description of my sign. As I read on, I went uh-huh, uh-huh about my traits. One of the links also had my lucky colors and dates. I got tired after clicking some 15 links, which was only a third of the whole page.

The one trait that stood out is that I do not trust people easily. I tend to observe people for quite some time before entrusting myself to others. After deciding that the person is trustworthy to be a friend, a working partner or someone in my circle (family included), I would completely put my faith and trust in that person.
However, if that person breaks the trust, there is no going back. I agree with what the link described. Once I have decided to trust that person, I would not doubt the person's integrity for a second, but if that person time and time again betrays the trust, it would reach a point of no return. I would also reprimand myself for trusting that person.

One blind spot though, is relationships. I tend to fall in the category of love at first sight. Well, that explains why I am so blind in that department. Love is blind, right? Sigh....

2 comments:

pascale said...

I love reading about my zodiac sign...but I am so used to reading the same thing....

'you are stubborn'

...

haha

bonnie said...

Haha, your sign is Taurus, bulls are stubborn!! :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails