Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Breakup Aftermath

Despite it being a classic "He's Not That Into You" breakup with a Gen Y twist, it doesn't mean it did not hurt. There was hmmm, a glassful of tears. I asked a girl friend out to karaoke till 4am to achieve that, the tears I mean. I had to get this supposed "hurt" out of the system.

Since I was at the karaoke to cry, not to sing, my girl friend chose the saddest lyrics, those which I thought were "written for me and me alone". Right. Through teary eyes, I asked her, "Do you have to pick these?", and she said, "You said you wanted to cry, so there you are!"

Aside from having a red nose, I was fabulously drunk. When I woke up the next day, it was already 4:30pm. I rubbed my eyes and read the numbers on the clock and my computer screen. It was 4:30pm all right. I was hung over the whole day and the next. I needed to be conscious for work the next day and I had to do something to get the alcohol and the lingering whatever residual "hurt" out of my system.

I booked myself a 3 hour long spa therapy. Since I wanted to get rid of the toxins, I chose the lymphatic drainage massage and a tummy slimming massage. These were the most painful, but most effective choices to get rid of the toxins. I have tried it before and it was torturous. Well, I figured I'd compare the physical pain to the "ache" I felt in my heart.

Wow, the pain was more than I remembered coz the therapist had to "release" the toxins in your lymph nodes by kneading, pushing and pinching. The "ache" in my heart paled in comparison to this torture. Then came the tummy massage. It would be wrong to label it a massage coz it consisted of all of the above, too. Kneading, pinching and pressing. This lasted for 1 and a half hours.

After that I had a facial. The therapist was telling me something as she went along. The last thing I heard was, "It's going to be a little cool, I will clean your face now." I fell into a coma. When I was conscious, I could feel the therapist lifting the mask from my face. I slept for an hour.

After the treatment, I went home, lighter and freer. I had done everything on the official breakup list. I cried, I whined to my friends, I got drunk, I watched sappy movies, I mourned. This lasted 2 days. I would not comment if he was worth all this, but I really did like him and I was hurt.

However, I am also a big girl and I did not want to waddle in all this negativity. Yes, I needed to mourn and get it out of my system, but most importantly, I needed to move on. I could now compartmentalize my life, so if one part sucks, it would not affect the rest of my life. As for this Gen Y breakup episode, it's over and done with. I still have the bruises on my thighs from the massage to show you how determined I was to rid him out of my system!!
(photo by Gothic Heart)

2 comments:

pascale said...

You look beautiful on the photo!! Looks like one of those magazine cover!!! (summer version!)

You indeed go through all the 'to dos' after a break up. Good for you! the good news is that you are getting over him. :)

bonnie said...

Thank you!! It was taken by Gothic in Thailand. It was another painful ordeal a few years back, but at least I got some nice pics from him. :D

Yup, I went thru' the breakup to-do list as thorough as possible, so I would not regret missing anything later on!! :p

The good news? I am totally, completely over him.

Related Posts with Thumbnails