Saturday, January 3, 2009

Healthy Responsiblity


Today's entry on "A Year of Living Consciously" is
The Power of Healthy Responsiblity

".....The journey of conscious living is a journey of getting the responsibilty just right: 100% for you and 100% for me.

Healthy responsibility is defined as taking 100% responsiblity for yourself while inspiring others to take 100% responsibilty. Healthy responsibility can be contrasted with 2 forms of unhealthy responsiblity - the condition of less than 100% (perceiving yourself as a victim) and the condition of more than 100% (perceiving others as victims and you as their caretaker).

Conscious Living Practice for Today

Today, mount a vigilant search for ways in which you are thinking of yourself as a victim or thinking of others as victims. Begin your inquiry....

  • I know how to make clear agreements with others.

  • I enter into agreements initiated by others clearly and consciously.

  • I can be counted on to do what I say I will do.

  • I can be counted on not to do what I say I will not do.

  • I know how to handle instances when I break agreements.

  • I know how to handle instances when others break agreements with me.

  • I know how to change agreements that are not working.

  • Others keep their agreements with me.

  • I take healthy responsibility for my life and the projects in which I am involved.

As we march into a brand new year, I think this is a grand resolution, to develop a healthy responsibilty with others, so we could enjoy each other's company with respect and integrity, instead of feeling either a victim or a martyr.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

根據文章的內容來說,我大部份都可以答yes!據我自己了解自己,我是一個責任感很強的人,這些年來,相反要學習如何面對及接納那些不愛負責任的人。

Anonymous said...

Haha, welcome to the club!! :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails