Sunday, October 12, 2008

Cashmere Mafia

I was flicking between channels one night and came across an episode of Cashmere Mafia. The screen lit up with Lucy Liu. I have always liked her and I think she is kinda cool, so I ended up watching a whole episode.

It's about four long time friends, who knew other way back in business school. All four have successful careers, but not so successful love lives.

There is this scene with 3 friends finding out that one of the girls' husband is having an affair, and they were thinking if they should tell their friend or not. They decided to, and then they took out their blackberry to check which day works for all of them to be there to tell their friend. This is funny. When they arrived at their friend's house, they discovered all of them are dressed in black. Lucy quipped, "did somebody die?" The reply is, "this is New York."

The setting is in New York, and the storyline basically revolves the lives of the four girls. Reminicent of SATC? Definitely. Still, it's really about girl bonding and I believe the the importance of having great girlfriends around you through thick and thin, and sharing little jokes, laughs maybe some tears. Now I am hooked to watching the program every week to see how the story develops.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness now you got my curiosity running wild. May be I should get them?

Anonymous said...

When the dvd is out, get it. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails