Friday, April 22, 2011

New Project



I started writing for an academic site recently, with two papers submitted so far, one on a play and one on art history. Although I get to choose the topics to write on, completing a paper is harder than I thought. First is the short deadline, second is the amount of literature you have to read, research and digest before even writing the first line.

Despite this, I really enjoy the lightness and satisfaction pressing "send" after hours at the computer. Aside from knowing I have met the deadline, I get to savor the new knowledge I have gathered from my intensive research. I am pretty well versed on the play "Fences" by August Wilson and the art scene in New York in the early 50's.

It has really broadened my horizons. I think I have found my vocation, flex time, solitary work, reading and writing. Only thing I have to work at is time management and my tendency to procrastinate, creating undue pressure. It's going to be a challenge since my brain only kick start when a sense of urgency is detected. Bad habit.

I am looking forward to developing a regular schedule with this site and of course to the remuneration it brings!!
photo

2 comments:

pascale said...

oh what lovely work you found!
sounds like it requires much literacy but we all know you don't lack in that area. :)
Good luck with your projects and hope they keep flowing in for you! :)

bonnie said...

thank you for your vouch of confidence, I really needed the boost!! yeah I hope the projects will keep coming :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails