Sunday, March 6, 2011

Unbridgeable Chasm



I have always had a tense relationship with certain individuals. It has gone on for decades and in recent years it has turned uglier and become a blame game with no end in sight. Early fissures and cracks have widened into a chasm.

A recent event has planted both sides on opposite ends of a broken bridge. The differences are just irreconcilable and well the break, inevitable. The surprising thing is there isn't any tinge of sadness. Instead, the closure has brought a sense of relief. The struggle is thankfullyand finally over.

(photo credit)

3 comments:

pascale said...

I don't know what's going on but if you are feeling more relieved then I should be happy for you?

I don't care what happened, just hope you are happy.
At the end of the day, that's what we look for in our life I think..

(I live almost 40 years and I still am not sure?!)

bonnie said...

I didn't want to be too obvious, deleted several drafts. Long story short, complete break with the rest of the famille et mon pere. But I am happy it's over and done with :)

pascale said...

My jaws just dropped reading this.
Do take care....

Related Posts with Thumbnails