Wednesday, October 27, 2010

HKDR at Harvey Nichol's



I made the deadline!! (clap, clap)

The deadline had been crazy this year, condensed from one month (the usual case) to two weeks. The mad dash was so stressful a full range of allergies had developed, nasal, skin and most irritating of all, itchy eyes. It got so bad I had to see a doctor for prescription medicine. The nurse warned me the pills would make me super drowsy. Still, I did not expect ten hours would evaporate after the first dose. I panicked, my deadline!!

I finally gave the liaison lady a call. She knew the drafts had been late in coming and the original deadline looked hopelessly ridiculous now, but therein lie the dilemma, the finalized drafts had a deadline at the printers, too. Long story short I received a much appreciated two-day extension.

I had been wanting to attend a charity function held by Hong Kong Dog Rescue at Harvey Nichol's on October 14th, the day before my deadline. I had completely dismissed any possibility of going, but with this miraculous grace period I could finally go!! Talk about mind over body, it had been only a day into my allergy medicine but I felt the symptoms had alleviated a bit.

These are the adorable puppy totes I have bought at the event and every dollar goes to the charity.

1 comment:

pascale said...

you deserve a good rest now. :)
those puppies are so cute no matter how many times I see them :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails